Saturday, December 17, 2005

Today is my birthday...

This entry is from June 11, 2005. It just disappeared, but I found it and wanted it to be here. So, here it is. JUNE 11 is my birthday!

Today is my Birthday...Well, I am now officially 1/4 of a century old. Yikes. Well, it is not too bad. We slept late today and then watched Friends on the DVD player of our computer. The people in my quad had a birthday/anniversary party for me and Brad (June 21) and another one of the guys (June 24) and one of the couple's anniversary is June 13. They got a cake and a cookie cake...yummy! We had dessert before dinner! That's the best way to do it, right? Then Brad and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. We walked around and got me a pillow and a shirt and Brad a shirt. I know, what an exciting birthday!

We had our fitness test today. We had to walk/run for 20 minutes around the soccer field to see how many laps we could do in that time frame. THEN, at the end of the 7 weeks, we will have to do it again and theoretically, we will be able to do more. We did ours at 3:30 in the BLAZING sunshine! Man, who knew that Virginia was SO hot!!!

But besides the fitness test, it was a lazy day for us. I am actually ready for things to kick into gear around here. I find myself thinking a lot about home and the "real" world. Idle thoughts are not a good thing at all!!!!!!! Monday, my wish will be granted. I am anxious to meet someone who has been to Dar es Salaam to see what he or she thought about it. I am anxious to know more about my people group so that I can truly develop a heart and a passion for them. Right now, I am in love with the country more than the people. Right after I got through telling Brad all of this tonight, I saw a shooting star. I am taking that as God's way of saying, "Have no fear or doubts, my child. I am totally in control. I will direct your paths. I got you here...I am NOT going to leave you or forsake you." And God is steadfast. He will Not break his promises. He promises not to put us under more than we can bear. And I know that is true. It's just my heart that is deceitful. Man, it is a treacherous thing. I have decided to read Psalms and the book of Hosea for my daily quiet times. I love a love story and Hosea is the ultimate one. Today I read about how God told Hosea to take an adulterous wife. Hosea obeyed, knowing that she, Gomer, would cheat on him one day. She bore many children and God gave them all specific names, symbolizing Israel's sinfulness. Just as Hosea's wife was bound to him in marriage yet still sought after the desires and lusts of life, so Israel disobeyed God--so WE disobey God. We promise our lives to Him, but then we still run after the desires/lusts of life. But...I know the end of the story! God is faithful and His grace is sufficient for anyone who seeks after it! That includes me! I would be in hell today without it. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and choosing me to be one of your precious children!!!!!!!!

More later. Also, check out www.livejournal.com/users/nosila611

2 Comments:

Blogger howardlane60679158 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

5:39 PM  
Blogger markdenton28934298 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home